Table of Contents Hide
How To Add Links To Instagram Stories : It’s never easy to say goodbye. People were sad when Instagram took away the swipe-up feature at the end of summer 2021. But the good news is that they’ve added a new feature that works just as well and is just as easy to use.
Instagram Stories are becoming increasingly popular, and one way to get people to visit your brand’s website is to add a sticker directly linked to your Story. We’ll show you how. The sticker link was only available for verified or elite accts with much more than 10,000 followers, just like the late swipe-up function.
But just a few days ago, everyone can now use it! You don’t have to be a top Instagrammer to share direct links in your Stories. But Instagram has warned that you could lose link privileges if you abuse this new power.
So, having a lot of power means having a lot of responsibility. So, be open to change and discover how stickers can help drive people to your website, enhance your entire marketing strategy, and make it easier for you to connect with your audience without them having to leave the App.
What was the “swipe up” feature on Instagram?
The Instagram swipe-up characteristic allowed brands and influencers to reach their followers by adding direct links to their Instagram Stories through a Swipe arrow at the bottom of the screen. Only verified consumers or accounts with more than 10,000 followers could use it.
But for a lucky tiny handful, it meant they no longer had to write links in bio in their captions. Instagram got rid of the swipe-up feature in August 2021 and replaced it with the Link Sticker for reasons that are not clear. But it was given to all, no matter how many followers they had.
What is the Instagram link sticker?
You may already know about Instagram’s music, question, location, and poll stickers. Now, a sticker lets you add an external link directly to your IG story, so you don’t have to send people to your bio or description. The Instagram link sticker is better than the swipe-up link in several important ways.
- It lets you track your metrics to improve your click-through rate.
- Stickers are already known to Instagram users, so they are more likely to click on them.
- You have more creative freedom with your Story than with the Swipe Up.
- Stickers let people respond to a story with their thoughts and ideas.
How to contain a link in an Instagram Story
If you are a business or creator on Instagram, you can now quickly and easily add links to your Stories. And guess what? You also don’t need a certain number of followers. You can add links to your Instagram Stories with the new Sticker Links, which can be clicked on.
The new Website Stickers are easier to see than the Swipe, and you can put them anywhere in your Story. It also demonstrates the first part of the link to the destination on the sticker itself. This makes it easier for people to understand where you are sending them. If you don’t have link stickers, wait a little while. Instagram still is working on giving everyone access to this feature.
Here’s what you need to do to add a link sticker to your Stories:
- Step 1: On your device, open the Instagram application. Press the blue “+” sign on Your Story’s profile picture or the plus sign in the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Scroll left to right through your gallery to find your Story. Or, to make a Story right away, press the middle record button (tap for a photo or hold down for a video). Ensure the bottom says “Story” (not Post, Reels, or Live).
- Step 3: Tap the “Sticker” icon at the top of the screen once you’ve finished making your Story. Choose the link sticker from the menu of stickers.
- Step 4: Copy the link and paste it into the link field.
- Step 5: Tap the Sticker to change the text and color.
Once you’re done, publish your Story and wait for people to start coming to your website in droves.
How to add a link to your Instagram Story if you don’t have the Sticker Link yet.
Even though Instagram has given all its creators access to the sticker feature, you may still be waiting for Sticker Link. But we have a way around that for you.
- Step 1: Open Instagram and either make a new video by clicking the “+” sign or upload an old one from your media files.
- Step 2: Type something like “Get the link” as the title.
- Step 3: Paste the link you want people to click on in the caption. Then, upload it to your IGTV.
- Step 4: Tap the paper airplane icon next to your new IGTV video on your feed.
- Step 5: Tap “Add video to your Story” and tap the link icon at the top of the screen.
- Step 6: Choose the “+ IGTV Video” option and then choose the IGTV video with the link you just made.
- Step 7: Finally, click “Done” and wait for the clicks to start!